Join the movement that is all about giving back!
The countdown to GivingTuesday is on!
Most people know about Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but what about GivingTuesday?
GivingTuesday: A global day of giving
Celebrated on Tuesday, November 29, right after the shopping extravaganzas of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, it kicks off the holiday season by putting the focus back on the importance of giving back. It is a time for us all to share commitments, rally behind our favourite causes, and think about others and what we can all do to contribute to a better world.
“GivingTuesday is a grassroots movement that illustrates the impact we can have when we all pull together.” – Barack Obama
Join the movement!
There is no right or wrong way to participate, as long as it is done in the spirit of generosity and giving. Volunteer your time, help a neighbour, make a donation, or help spread the world about the campaign.
Whatever you do, be sure to share it with the global community by posting an #UNSelfie!
Post your #UNSelfie!
An #unselfie is a show of support for GivingTuesday. Posting one is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. CREATE: Share how you are giving back on a piece of paper. (Download our #UNSelfie template here.)
Your message should be something as simple as:
- “I’m supporting Farm Radio International because ______________________.”
- I’m giving to Farm Radio International on #GivingTuesday because ____________________.”
2. CAPTURE: Hold up your message and take a “selfie” with it.
3. SHARE: Share the image on social media, tagging it #UNSelfie and #GivingTuesday or #GivingTuesdayCA (if you’re in Canada). Be sure to also tag @farmradio in your Twitter and Facebook posts if your selfless act helps to support our work so we can help spread the word.
Thank you for helping good go viral this GivingTuesday!