Annual Report 2008-2009
In the 2008-2009 fiscal year, the Board of Directors worked hard to hold and refine the vision and values, set the policies, steward the resources, and monitor the results of Farm Radio International. This year the Board:
• monitored implementation of our new risk management policies
• approved recommendations of our scripts program review, and approved management’s plan to implement the recommendations
• reviewed plans for the African Farm Radio Research Initiative (AFRRI) research, documentation and publication, and accepted the committee’s report
• drafted and approved a policy on partnerships to govern how we relate formally to individuals and groups in Africa
• updated policy statements on the role of the Board and the role of individual directors
• drafted a policy on training (which was approved in June 2009)
• tasked each Board member to contact FRI donors to thank them for their continuing support.
We also asked the Executive Committee to draft a strategic planning process for the Board’s consideration in 2009-2010. Thanks to Gilbert Héroux for his contributions to the Board, especially related to providing services to our partners in French-speaking Africa; and welcome to new Board member Bernard Pelletier, lecturer and research associate, Department of Natural Resource Sciences, McGill University. Welcome also to Philip Landon, Director of Programs, as the World University Service of Canada representative at our Board meetings; and thanks to Ravi Gupta, for his exhaustive and supportive work in bringing FRI into the WUSC family from the earliest days.
This was Paul Davidson’s last year as Executive Director of World University Service of Canada. Five years ago, Paul and I discussed the future of the Developing Countries Farm Radio Network (as we were then called). Out of that discussion came the creative and effective relationship that now exists between WUSC and Farm Radio International. We extend our heartiest thanks to Paul for his vision and support.
Chair of the Board of Directors
- Year Published:
- Kevin Perkins email@example.com
- Publication Type:
- Annual Reports
- Countries of Intervention: