Radio innovation showcase: The Listening Post
The Listening Post is a platform for two-way communication between extension services and farmers. It takes advantage of the ubiquitous access to radio and mobile phones in rural areas of sub-Saharan Africa to engage farmers on development initiatives. Through the Listening Post, development organizations share information and encourage dialogue with radio broadcasts, while farmers provide information and feedback in real-time via mobile phone.
This publication is part of FRI’s Radio Innovation Showcase series which highlights key areas of innovation in our work. This includes new types of radio programs and innovative uses of mobile technology to improve interaction and participation in programs.
- Year Published:
- Mark email@example.com
- Publication Type:
- Brochure, Radio innovation showcase
- Countries of Intervention:
- Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Canada, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Tanzania, Uganda
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- ICT, Listening Post, The Hangar