Thematic briefing note: Promoting gender equality through knowledge and information
Radio is a powerful tool for reducing gender inequality and addressing women’s specific needs and interests. Farm Radio International works towards these goals with programs that meet the
information needs of rural women and men. With good information on agriculture and marketing, health and nutrition, women and men are empowered to make choices and influence decisions that lead to increased food production and income, as well as better health for themselves and their families. We provide a platform for women to express their information needs by engaging them throughout our programs. Our initiatives also amplify the voice of women by ensuring that their voices are heard on air, both as radio producers and radio interviewees.
This publication is part of FRI’s thematic brief series which highlights key focus areas of our work.
- Year Published:
- Caroline Montpetit email@example.com
- Publication Type:
- Brochure, Thematic Briefs
- Countries of Intervention:
- Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Canada, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Tanzania, Uganda
- Partner Organizations:
- World University Service of Canada
- Radio Partners:
- Radio Palabre
- feminism, gender, gender equality, women